In the general population, an unbelievable 2% to 6% of all people are affected by OA. This is just the tip of the iceberg, however. These figures refer only to people with officially diagnosed OA.
Tens of millions more Americans have OA. They feel its pain daily and they hate the limitations it places on them. Yet these people, young and old, aren’t counted because they haven’t received an official OA diagnosis from a doctor.
Not a Pretty Picture
OA is characterized by progressive loss of cartilage, pain, and, in advanced stages, joint deformity. OA hits the knees, hips, and spine, among other joints. It’s not a pretty picture. Anyone who enjoys being active, from the recreational runner, to the mom chasing her toddler, to the hard-hitting, intense athlete, may be at higher-than-average risk of developing OA.
Joint injury, knee bending, heavy lifting, and participation in high-impact recreational activities all may up the odds of later developing OA.
Unfortunately, when we are young and feel invincible, arthritis is the last thing on our minds. But it is at precisely these early stages that we may be able to head off and limit the damage that leads to future OA.
New Research: AppleBoost Improves Joint Health
There are a number of things I recommend for joint health starting with omega-3 fatty acids. And of course glucosamine and chondrotrin. I’m also very excited about the new research on shea nut extract which I’ll be telling you more about later this year. But what I’m really happy to report right now is the results of a new pilot study showing that extracts of apples can make a huge difference in improving joint health and improving the lives of people affected by arthritis.
AppleBoost Products, Inc. is a company that is invested in making a difference. We’re so invested, in fact, that we are funding and conducting independent studies, at a well-respected laboratory and research facility. Our goal? To prove that AppleBoost powder, referred to as Dried Apple Peel Powder (DAPP), can improve joint health and improve the lives of people affected by arthritis.
Twelve individuals, ranging from 48 to 73 years old, were enrolled in the study, “Evaluation of reduced pain and increased range of motion (Joint Health).” Primary complaints of study participants included hand, knee, shoulder, feet, neck, ankle, lower back, finger, hip, and upper back joint pain. All reported suffering from mild-to-moderate joint pain for at least 6 months.
For the intervention, nine capsules of AppleBoost powder (DAPP) were consumed daily for 12 weeks. Subjects were monitored at baseline, and at 2, 4, 8, and 12 weeks. Monitoring included blood draws, assessment of perceived levels of pain, and range of motion (ROM) tests.
Results Exceed Expectations
AppleBoost powder provided significant benefits to the study participants. In particular, the research found:
1. The pain reduction benefits were significant.
- Pain associated with the area of primary pain complaint, gradually reduced throughout the study. The reduction in pain was highly, statistically significant at 12 weeks.
- Pain associated with the area of secondary pain complaint continuously reduced at each visit. The reduction in secondary complaint pain was highly, statistically significant at 12 weeks.
2. The range of motion (ROM) improvements were significant.
- Joint mobility was improved across the study population.
- 14 of 27 parameters analyzed showed a statistically significant increase in ROM for at least one time point for all study participants. Many ROM parameters showed improvement at multiple time points for several participants.
- Areas including the neck and shoulders showed significant improvements across the population, even though not all study participants reported problems in these areas at the start of the study.
What Can AppleBoost Do For You?
If AppleBoost can lower pain and improve range of motion in people with established pain and symptoms of arthritis already present, imagine what AppleBoost can do for you. As we all know, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
If you’re an athlete, an active person, or simply want to focus on keeping your joints healthy and happy as you age, AppleBoost may be just what you are looking for.
The power, and the protection, are in the peel.